Friday, May 8, 2009

[Vegetarianslimming] Thank you for the warm welcome



Good morning all,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I shall refrain from mentioning non vegetarian foods. It seems that I am facing a conundrum. I am cooking low fat, low cholesterol for me. My DH had half a lung removed and has lost 17 lbs. that he didn't need to lose. Wish we all had that problem. I am trying to cook foods for him that are calorie rich, but not high in fat, which is difficult to do. I don't want to give him high cholesterol in the process. I'm hoping that I will find a lot of good recipes for me to try. Once he puts the weight back on we can go back to eating the same foods.

I noticed on a few of the posts that there was quite a bit of extra fat in the recipes. If it helps at all, I use olive oil spray and spray the food, rather than the pan. It cuts out a lot of fat. Olive oil may be a good fat, but it's still a fat. I'm fairly sure that one tablespoon of olive oil is around 100 calories, whereas a spritz of olive oil spray adds very few. Just a thought.

Have a splendid day,
Karen

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment