Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] M & Ms



I am a newbie vegetarian, no beef, pork or chicken. Having a hard time
giving up salmon though. I avoid eggs, switched to Silk Soy, but can't give
up cheese and yogurt quite yet.
I just found out Jello has gelatin which is boiled animal bones!! Yuck, so
no more Jello, and many yogurts are made with it too.
What is a person to do!


Karo
-------Original Message-------

From: Audrey Z Burrows
Date: 5/6/2009 6:42:50 AM
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] M & Ms

If I had M & Ms in the house they would probably rot before I ate them. I
rarely eat candy or anything sweet for that matter. Every once in a while I
buy a really dark (90% cocoa) chocolate bar and I eat one square a day. It
s bitter and satisfies any cravings for chocolate although I must admit I
could live with out chocolate quite nicely. As long as it is dark, I know
it is healthy and women need it for their 'moods'. Oh dear did I say the M
word. We don't have moods. We just alter our outlook from time to time.

My downfalls are bread, butter and cheese - any kind of good bread, lots of
butter and most every cheese made on earth - except soy. Oh yes, and
crackers!!! The butter goes on the bread and the cheese goes on crackers
and I could nibble on them all day long. Some days I do but that behavior
is going to change.

I am so disciplined when it comes to being a vegetarian but somehow haven't
been able to get that discipline going with being a vegan. We are out of my
favourite cheddar cheese and I'm not buying any more. I do have some smoked
Gouda and that's the hard one for me to give up. Smoked tofu tastes almost
as good but the texture just isn't right. I'm working on it. I have some
great recipes for cheese substitutes so I'm going to make one of them this
weekend. The texture is crappy but they taste good so that's where I'm
heading.

I'm still in the preplanning stage of the healthier eating and will start on
Monday. Has everyone heard that one before? Of course we all have said and
heard it many times over.

It's sunny here so it's time to turn off the sewing machine. Hopefully the
cool breeze has died down so I can sit outside and do my menu planning and
pick up some Vitamin D at the same time.

Have a great day everyone and it's good to be part of the chatting again.

Audrey

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Groups

Stay healthy

and discover other

people who can help.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment