Friday, May 8, 2009

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Thank you for the warm welcome



I'd increase his starches - potatoes, pasta, etc. and add higher-fat
whole foods such as nuts or diced avocado at the table. Then you can
still only cook one meal, but yours will be more salads and
vegetables, less starches, and will not include the higher-fat
toppings.

Pam

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 6:29 AM, bainofmyexistance
<bainofmyexistance@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
> Good morning all,
>
> Thank you for the warm welcome. I shall refrain from mentioning non
> vegetarian foods. It seems that I am facing a conundrum. I am cooking low
> fat, low cholesterol for me. My DH had half a lung removed and has lost 17
> lbs. that he didn't need to lose. Wish we all had that problem. I am trying
> to cook foods for him that are calorie rich, but not high in fat, which is
> difficult to do. I don't want to give him high cholesterol in the process.
> I'm hoping that I will find a lot of good recipes for me to try. Once he
> puts the weight back on we can go back to eating the same foods.
>
> I noticed on a few of the posts that there was quite a bit of extra fat in
> the recipes. If it helps at all, I use olive oil spray and spray the food,
> rather than the pan. It cuts out a lot of fat. Olive oil may be a good fat,
> but it's still a fat. I'm fairly sure that one tablespoon of olive oil is
> around 100 calories, whereas a spritz of olive oil spray adds very few. Just
> a thought.
>
> Have a splendid day,
> Karen
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Yahoo! Groups

Everyday Wellness Zone

Check out featured

healthy living groups.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment