Tuesday, May 12, 2009

[Vegetarianslimming] Re: Diet Books?



--- In Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com, "drpatsant" <drpatsant@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> After all this excellent chat about techniques used to curb hunger, increase calorie burn and generally lose weight to improve health, I am wondering of this current crop of posting members (and others, of course) which weight-loss books/regimes you find it best to follow. I'm assuming here, of course, that in any regime you will be choosing you will be following a low-fat vegetarian version.
>
> Any faves? Reasons why? And if not following one in particular at present, why not? What books of this nature do you have on your shelves or have borrowed?
>
> I thought this might be useful for newbies or for long-term members who are bored of or disillusioned by their current system.
>
> My thoughts: I think Dr Fuhrman's plan is great, although it's well-nigh impossible for me to chew my way through all those raw veggies (the jaws ACHE!) so I cheat on that, and I tend to use some condiments he wouldn't quite approve. That said, Dr McDougall's regime seems to be best suited to me. For 'motivational' books I think _Skinny Bitch_ does it just fine, although I think they're a bit heavier on the fats/oils than I like to be.
>
> Anyone got any other suggestions for me and for others here?
>
> Love, Pat
>
I had some time to burn and went to the bookstore and did a quick speed read through the Engine 2 Diet. It is about a whole fire house that went no-added-fat-veggie. I thought that was a great book full of information and inspiration. It is a great book for guys to read and learn that "Real men eat veggies". There are recipies too and a web site. It was on the best books list at the store and I hope this book will help bring healthful eating into the mainstream. I would give it five stars.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Group Charity

Be the Change

A citizen movement

to change the world

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment