Saturday, May 23, 2009

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] new member



Thanks for the welcome Cindi! It's great to see vegetarians getting together like this. I will definitely share some recipes, and would love to share weight loss tips as well. I think that losing weight is a journey and a challenge for anyone, vegetarian or not. I feel like I am finally getting what works for me (including enough sleep and enough water). I would be interested in talking exercise as well because weight loss really can't be successfully achieved without it. I'd love to hear what others here are doing to aid in weight loss (counting calories, exercise, filling healthy foods, etc...) and what is working or not working. As vegetarians I do feel like the challenge seems a little bit harder, but I don't think it has to be. I have been overweight much of my life. I've never crossed over to obese, but I have been overweight probably longer then I was of average weight. Today I am down almost 20 pounds (a half pound away), and I feel amazing. I
have about 15-20 pounds more to go, and I am still super motivated.

As I said, I am trying to cut out processed foods, or at least any with preservatives, and I am eating almost exclusively organic (except when I go out to eat). I just made my first batch of homemade veggie burgers. I froze them and plan on taking them to work with me for my lunches. I tried frying 2 of them last night for my husband and I, and they fell apart, but tasted great. So I took the rest of them and baked them. They seemed to work better that way. Once I take them to work and see if they work out, I'll post the recipe. I used to eat Boca burgers for lunch, but this is so much healthier! One of these on Ezekiel sprouted bread with onion and tomato, delicious! I love being in control of what I am eating...and knowing that I am eating healthy.

Like I said, I'd love to hear more about anyone else's weight loss journeys as well. Thanks again for having me!

Nicole

________________________________
From: Cindi <cindi93069@yahoo.com>
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:57:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] new member

Hi Nicole and welcome to our group! Nice to have another long term vegetarian on board! Our members range from long timers like yourself to people who have just converted to people who are not vegetarians but are looking for healthy slimming meal ideas.

I too am working on losing weight this year. Congrats on your -17 pounds so far! I agree that cutting out processed foods can be very helpful. Must be a little hard being with someone who can eat whatever they want and never gain a pound!

Please share any tried and true slimming recipes or ideas that you come up with as we all need inspiration at times. We have a lot of good food in our recipe files so make sure you check out the files section of the group.

Again, welcome.

Cindi

--- On Mon, 5/18/09, Plump Vegetarian <plumpvegetarian@ yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Plump Vegetarian <plumpvegetarian@ yahoo.com>
Subject: [Vegetarianslimming ] new member
To: vegetarianslimming@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Monday, May 18, 2009, 1:00 PM

Hi everyone. My name is Nicole and I have been a vegetarian for 20 years (since I was 13), and I was excited to come accross this group. I have been trying to lose weight for a while now, and have found that there are very few resources out there that relate to losing weight for vegetarians. My husband and I are both vegetarian. He's very thin, and I have always struggled with my weight. I am 17 pounds into my weight loss right now, and I keep adapting what I am doing every day. I have moved very far forward towards healthy eating, and am currently trying to cut out all proccessed foods (ie: anything with chemicals or preservatives) . So far so good. I am finding that it's not that hard to just make things yourself (like veggie burgers etc.), as I am cutting out all the fake meat substitutes like Morningstar chik patties, etc...

I'd love to hear more about what works for you!

Thanks for having me in the group!

Nicole

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Weight Management Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Join the challenge

and lose weight.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment