Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] new member



Hi Nicole and welcome to our group! Nice to have another long term vegetarian on board! Our members range from long timers like yourself to people who have just converted to people who are not vegetarians but are looking for healthy slimming meal ideas.

I too am working on losing weight this year. Congrats on your -17 pounds so far! I agree that cutting out processed foods can be very helpful. Must be a little hard being with someone who can eat whatever they want and never gain a pound!

Please share any tried and true slimming recipes or ideas that you come up with as we all need inspiration at times. We have a lot of good food in our recipe files so make sure you check out the files section of the group.

Again, welcome.

Cindi

--- On Mon, 5/18/09, Plump Vegetarian <plumpvegetarian@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Plump Vegetarian <plumpvegetarian@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] new member
To: vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, May 18, 2009, 1:00 PM

Hi everyone. My name is Nicole and I have been a vegetarian for 20 years (since I was 13), and I was excited to come accross this group. I have been trying to lose weight for a while now, and have found that there are very few resources out there that relate to losing weight for vegetarians. My husband and I are both vegetarian. He's very thin, and I have always struggled with my weight. I am 17 pounds into my weight loss right now, and I keep adapting what I am doing every day. I have moved very far forward towards healthy eating, and am currently trying to cut out all proccessed foods (ie: anything with chemicals or preservatives) . So far so good. I am finding that it's not that hard to just make things yourself (like veggie burgers etc.), as I am cutting out all the fake meat substitutes like Morningstar chik patties, etc...

I'd love to hear more about what works for you!

Thanks for having me in the group!

Nicole









[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment