Monday, May 11, 2009

[Vegetarianslimming] Diet Books?



Hi,

After all this excellent chat about techniques used to curb hunger, increase calorie burn and generally lose weight to improve health, I am wondering of this current crop of posting members (and others, of course) which weight-loss books/regimes you find it best to follow. I'm assuming here, of course, that in any regime you will be choosing you will be following a low-fat vegetarian version.

Any faves? Reasons why? And if not following one in particular at present, why not? What books of this nature do you have on your shelves or have borrowed?

I thought this might be useful for newbies or for long-term members who are bored of or disillusioned by their current system.

My thoughts: I think Dr Fuhrman's plan is great, although it's well-nigh impossible for me to chew my way through all those raw veggies (the jaws ACHE!) so I cheat on that, and I tend to use some condiments he wouldn't quite approve. That said, Dr McDougall's regime seems to be best suited to me. For 'motivational' books I think _Skinny Bitch_ does it just fine, although I think they're a bit heavier on the fats/oils than I like to be.

Anyone got any other suggestions for me and for others here?

Love, Pat

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment