Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Re: [Vegetarianslimming]Haras



Haras (rhymes with Paris) is what everyone calls me.

Now that you mention it, there was a little more work that I had to do to
get in the water habit. Sometimes in the beginning I had to force the water
a little. I did Weight Watchers for a while, and sometimes I knew that the
apple or bar or other snack I was about to eat was going to have to last me
for a bit, so I'd make myself have a swig of water between every bite. I
don't do that quite as regularly anymore, but my body did start to demand
water more often.

As for the French press, you might want to also have a smaller one. I used
to have one that only had room for one cup of coffee. If it's larger,
there's too much temptation to just fill the whole thing. For me at least,
some habits only become habits if I find a way to force them to become
habits by limiting my other options.

And if you're trying to limit your caffeine intake, maybe see if you can cut
out the tea. Or at least cut it down. Sometimes I just make up rules for
myself, like I can't have certain food or beverages if I had them the day
before, or if for some reason I know I'm going to have them the next. I
always have bubble tea when I go out on Saturdays, so I can randomly decide
to get a cup today, but then I can't do it tomorrow and I can't do it Friday
because I'm going to have one on Saturday.

Some of what I do may seem weird and random, but it works for me. Not
everyone's comfortable with seemingly random rules, but we're all here
because just eating and drinking what we want doesn't seem to work the way
we'd like it to.

Haras

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Audrey Z Burrows <quiltbug@sympatico.ca>wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is Haras your first name? You didn't sign your message.
>
> I never recognize the signs of thirst. It's something that never occurs to
> me. Other than coffee in the morning, maybe a tea in the afternoon, and red
> wine with supper, I don't drink anything else. My body must be starved for
> moisture. Once in a while I have a glass of juice but not as often as I
> should. I prefer the fruit or veggie to the juice.
>
> I bought a new water bottle yesterday in a pretty colour that I really
> like. I'm hoping it will grab my attention more than the stainless steel
> that disappears into the background.
>
> I do have a one cup coffee machine and that's what I used this morning. I
> also have a French press but it's a larger size and I haven't figured out
> how much coffee/water to put in it. The directions came with making the
> entire press of coffee.
>
> Keep up your good work
>
> Audrey
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Dog Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about dogs.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment