Thursday, January 21, 2010

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Intro hello...

 

In the future, you need to see it as reason to be MORE motivated. People need to realize that this is for our HEALTH. :-( Yes, people can be healthy to a degree at most any size, but those who eat a proper diet, exercise properly, and maintain a decent body weight tend to have optimal health. Arg... Then you have the "meant wells" who think they are encouraging us by judging our bodies and demeaning us as people, which can actually cause a person to fall off the wagon.

--- On Mon, 1/18/10, jules Hendy <xogenevieveox@googlemail.com> wrote:

From: jules Hendy <xogenevieveox@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Intro hello...
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, January 18, 2010, 9:42 PM

2010/1/18 hikikomorhime <hikikomorihime@att.net>
.... I've given up on trying to
> get people IRL to be supportive. I'm now taking the advice of my old
> therapist who once told me that sometimes the people we know don't like the
> idea of us changing, so it's best to have an online support group, or to go
> to a support group of strangers. Anywhere we don't have to deal with people
> who feel threatened by the idea of our changing.
>
> Everyone here seems friendly and supportive of each other, so I can't wait
> to start my adventures with you. ^_^
>

An interesting point, what you said about people feeling threatened by
change.
My husband likes me big and cuddly and did point out some sagging flesh
under my chin when Id lost some weight! So that made me think and become
less motivated.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment