Sunday, January 3, 2010

DRAGON - Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Day one down

 


Hi Dragon,
 
All the best with the new assault on the extra kilos.  With the help of a dietitian you will have a flying start.
 
Let's do this thing together!!
 
I am also launching an attack on the 'more than a few' extra kilos.  At this stage I am working purely on being aware of what I eat by writing it down.  No quantities, no calories, just what I eat and when.  I'm not even weighing myself.  The scales can be rather demotivating if they don't show a loss even if I know I have been eating sensibly. 
 
I don't want to make things too complicated or restrictive at the beginning as that way there are more opportunities to slip up.  I tend to be a perfectionist and I see even the smallest deviation from the rules I set myself as 'failure'.  The more complicated things are the more opportunities I have to 'fail' which I know will lead to me not being motivated to continue.  I am trying keep food choices and portion sizes sensible but I am not going to let the probably inevitable slip ups deter me from my ultimate goal.  Luckily I tend to prefer things like salads and raw veggies anyway so I have a big advantage there.
 
When I feel confident that I am no longer eating mindlessly and out of habit/boredom then I will start being stricter about noting calories and food groups.  For me this is more about health than weight so I doubt I'll get too involved with scale hopping.  I know that if I eat sensibly the weight side of things will take care of itself.
 
All the best for your appointment on Tuesday.
 
Did Dr D finally remove the spider? 
 
Cheers from Marie
 
 
 

--- On Sat, 2/1/10, The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] Day one down
To: "Angela Giove" <angieg712005@hotmail.com>, "Fly Dieters" <flydieters@yahoogroups.com>, "leigh drewett" <leigh.drewett@ntlworld.com>, "Lynda Renney" <ljrenney@yahoo.com>, "vegetarian slimming" <vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com>, "Witchy Weight Loss" <Witchy_Weight_Loss@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, 2 January, 2010, 14:48

 

1st of January went reasonably well food wise! I managed to eat 1,380 kcals which for me is quite good (be interesting to see what the dietician says on Tuesday as most of my day's intake seems to be mugs of tea!), it is now 13.47 and I am about to double my day's kcals by having another mug of tea taking me to a grand total of 30 kcals consumed so far - ah well see what happens eh!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment