Thursday, May 20, 2010

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Marie Chain Challenge

 

Cassie
Do you live in VA or just go to the work the camp?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Cassie Dixon <roxy87cabriolet@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 04:57:35
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com<Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Marie Chain Challenge

Mindfull eating is something I struggle with myself. I am the asst. dir. of Camp Yogaville, a week-long sleepover camp for kids ages 7-12 in Virginia at an ashram. The yogis at the ashram eat in silence to truly be mindful, but sooooo many of the 18-25 aged crowd at the ashram eat outside and socialize. I like the idea of cutting out technology, but I agree that 3 meals a day, 7 days a week of silence might seem unrealistic (as it surely does for me).
I like your first step. I tried it last night- no tv with Hubby until AFTER dinner (he suggested we catch up on a show while eating). I started to distract him with questions about work (of which I rarely ask). It worked to my advantage and I stopped eating my full plate about 3/4 of the way through!!!
I like the chain and the suggestions, as many times I figure- I'm vegetarian, I exercise, I don't drink soda or coffee, I eat 2-4 meals a day, thinking I'm doing all I can. It never hurts to change the routine and focus on some new aspect.

Cassie
"life's a garden, dig it!"

Sent from my iPhone

On May 20, 2010, at 7:40 AM, Marie Rieuwers <marierieuwers@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Dragon and everyone,
This is a great idea. Thanks for starting it off.
Can I cheat and say keeping a food journal?. Why is it cheating? Because I decided to start on 1st January, fully expecting the novelty to wear off by about mid-January. Surprisingly enough it is still going strong. Not only that, it is having the desired effect because when I see on the screen (who uses paper any more LOL?) what I have eaten it seems to send a message to my brain that I have already eaten and can't be hungry any more.
OK - now for real. I am going to give mindful/intentional eating a try, even though I don't know a huge amount about it.
http://www.reasonablediet.com/wordpress/?p=8
I think it would be good to start with 'no multi-tasking while eating'. The following extract from the link above seems to make sense to me and is worth a try. I do find I can wolf down the calories without being aware of it when I am concentrating on something else. This seems like a great way of keeping focussed on exactly how much I am eating.
>>>It was an amazing experience for everyone…and I now include it in my "Intentional Eating / Intentioanl Living" presentation.
So as I caught myself in the act of grazing… I looked for a solution, hoping to recapture that experience and replace the oh-my-god-i-just-ate-400-calories-of-chocolate-and-don't-even-remember-it experience. My solution was no multi-tasking while eating: no TV, no reading, no computer, no driving. (I am allowing conversation.)<<<

Cheers to everyone from Marie
--- On Tue, 18/5/10, The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] Chain Challenge
To: "Fly Dieters" <flydieters@yahoogroups.com>, "leigh drewett" <leigh.drewett@ntlworld.com>, "Lynda Renney" <ljrenney@yahoo.com>, "vegetarian slimming" <vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com>, "Witchy Weight Loss" <Witchy_Weight_Loss@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, 18 May, 2010, 14:38



Okay going to start this off!

My chain is to have three healthy meals a day and the chain so far is 1 day completed :D

The Dragon (aka High Priestess Enchanting Even weave)

Current stitching - RSPCA Perfect Pets, Map of Durham, Cat Ornaments, Green Man

http://tempewytch.blogspot.com/ - stitching/house

http://tempewytchdiet.blogspot.com/ - diet/angst

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment