Thursday, May 20, 2010

DRAGON - Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Chain Challenge

 

Hi Dragon,
The very last few words of the quote I copied are 'I am allowing conversation'.  I suspect eating in silence is something which would lose it's novelty rather rapidly.   Sooooooooo, please feel free to cease worrying forthwith !!!!!!!!!!  Wagamama's will not be a conversation free zone (LOL).  [For those of you wondering what on earth this is all about, I will be visiting Dragon's home city of Cambridge (the one in England) next month.  In the past we have loved our visits to Wagamama, a noodle bar, and plan to go there again this visit.]  

I honestly do think that this could work wonders for me as it takes my mind away from food and concentrates it on the process of eating - two very different things.   
I just had a cup of sugar free fat free custard while I was sitting at the table.  It is amazing how difficult it was to ignore the temptation of the book on the table but I managed to leave it there while I ate.  Of course it's early days yet (early hours actually!!!) but concentrating on the act of eating does seem to make me more aware of exactly what I have consumed. The same cup of custard eaten while working at the computer wouldn't have had the same impact as that sort of snack seems to disappear without me being really aware of having eaten.  
Cheers from Marie.

--- On Thu, 20/5/10, The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Chain Challenge
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 20 May, 2010, 14:00

 

Sounds like a good one Marie :)

Does no multi-tasking include chatting? Otherwise we are scuppered at Wagamamas!

The Dragon (aka High Priestess Enchanting Even weave)

Current stitching - RSPCA Perfect Pets, Map of Durham, Cat Ornaments, Green Man

http://tempewytch.blogspot.com/ - stitching/house

http://tempewytchdiet.blogspot.com/ - diet/angst

--- On Thu, 20/5/10, Marie Rieuwers <marierieuwers@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: Marie Rieuwers <marierieuwers@yahoo.co.uk>

Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Chain Challenge

To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com

Date: Thursday, 20 May, 2010, 12:40

Hi Dragon and everyone,

This is a great idea.  Thanks for starting it off.

Can I cheat and say keeping a food journal?.  Why is it cheating?  Because I decided to start on 1st January, fully expecting the novelty to wear off by about mid-January. Surprisingly enough it is still going strong.  Not only that, it is having the desired effect because when I see on the screen (who uses paper any more LOL?) what I have eaten it seems to send a message to my brain that I have already eaten and can't be hungry any more.

OK - now for real.  I am going to give mindful/intentional eating a try, even though I don't know a huge amount about it.

http://www.reasonablediet.com/wordpress/?p=8

I think it would be good to start with 'no multi-tasking while eating'.   The following extract from the link above seems to make sense to me and is worth a try.  I do find I can wolf down the calories without being aware of it when I am concentrating on something else.  This seems like a great way of keeping focussed on exactly how much I am eating.

>>>It was an amazing experience for everyone…and I now include it in my "Intentional Eating / Intentioanl Living" presentation.

So as I caught myself in the act of grazing… I looked for a solution, hoping to recapture that experience and replace the oh-my-god-i-just-ate-400-calories-of-chocolate-and-don't-even-remember-it experience. My solution was no multi-tasking while eating: no TV, no reading, no computer, no driving. (I am allowing conversation.)<<<

Cheers to everyone from Marie

--- On Tue, 18/5/10, The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk>

Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] Chain Challenge

To: "Fly Dieters" <flydieters@yahoogroups.com>, "leigh drewett" <leigh.drewett@ntlworld.com>, "Lynda Renney" <ljrenney@yahoo.com>, "vegetarian slimming" <vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com>, "Witchy Weight Loss" <Witchy_Weight_Loss@yahoogroups.com>

Date: Tuesday, 18 May, 2010, 14:38

 

 

   

     

     

      Okay going to start this off!

My chain is to have three healthy meals a day and the chain so far is 1 day completed :D

The Dragon (aka High Priestess Enchanting Even weave)

Current stitching - RSPCA Perfect Pets, Map of Durham, Cat Ornaments, Green Man

http://tempewytch.blogspot.com/   - stitching/house

http://tempewytchdiet.blogspot.com/   - diet/angst

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

   

     

   

   

 

     

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment