Thursday, June 18, 2009

[Vegetarianslimming] Hello



Hi, everyone,

My name is Trish. I'm a longtime vegetarian and a newbie vegan. But you
know how it goes -- when microbrews, vegan wines from hip California
vineyards, soy ice cream and fries exist in the world, being vegan
doesn't eliminate temptation.

I'm 55 and have been watching the pounds creep up on me for about 5
years now. I used to be pretty good at keeping the weight off when I
worked in an office and had a regular schedule. I'd go to the gym at the
same time every day. But 9 years ago I decided to switch careers, and I
became a teacher. Longer hours and varying time schedules left me less
willing to go work out, and eventually I stopped going. That and all
those yummy foods and drinks out there, and I guess it isn't hard to see
where this story is going.

I joined a North American group called Weight Watchers last week, and
that's been terrific. I've already lost 4 pounds (just shy of 2 kg.)
It's very easy to use with a vegan diet. In fact, it's been marvelous!
It's made me see just how healthy these foods are. And yesterday, after
school ended, I got my reluctant butt to the gym and started working out
again. I'm just going to have to make time for that. Fortunately, school
just got out for 2 months, so I've got the summer to get back into
shape. With any luck, it will become a habit again.

Let's see... I'm married, no children (unless you count the 120 or so in
my classroom each day,) and no pets (unless you count the Madagascar
hissing cockroaches that come home with me during long school
vacations.) We live in Oregon, which is just north of California, in a
suburb of Portland, the state's largest city. Pretty nice place, with
mountains and beautiful trees and only 60 miles from the Pacific ocean.

It's good to be on a list with someone called Knitting Nan. How cool is
that! :-) Knitting is one of my favorite pastimes.

I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone does to deal with weight
loss issues.

Cheers,

Trish

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment