Monday, June 22, 2009

[Vegetarianslimming] good food for hot times



One of my favorite cooking tools is my wok. Asian foods are just a
start. They're great for everything from braising collards to tossing
together a pasta dish. Everything cooks quickly, making it perfect for
summer.

My diet plan, Weight Watchers is fine with pasta. You just have to
control your portions. Another great thing about WW is they've
recognized that all calories are not equal, and if you eat whole grain
pasta it requires fewer "points" than white flour stuff.

One cup of cooked whole wheat pasta is really a pretty good amount. So,
I take whatever veggies I've got, and tomatoes are wonderful for this. I
wipe a small amount of oil on the wok and saute the veggies. For summer,
a good mix might be scallions, garlic, tomatoes, parsley and peppers.
Saute them, then add a cup of cooked pasta. I usually add some kind of
protein, anything from tempeh to a meat analog. You can make a large
plate of food that's very satisfying for a minimum of calories.

I just top with salt and freshly ground pepper, but I'm vegan. The
vegetarians might want to top with some grated parmesan.

This is one of those dishes that transcends borders. Use cabbage and soy
sauce, and you can call it Lo Mein. Use macaroni, eat it cold, and you
can call it pasta salad. Lots of tomatoes and garlic, and it's pasta
verano. You can make any number of dishes with vegetables, noodles and a
wok.

I use a traditional rolled steel wok, and it's one of the best pots ever.

Cheers,

Trish

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Yahoo! Green

Make It Green

Submit ideas that

better our planet

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment