Monday, June 22, 2009

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Re: Serious Wootness!



Ah sorry Trish Wootness (or W00t as it should be) is actually more a on-line gamer term rather than British - but as you can tell it does lend itself well to happy posts!

I'm hoping another pound will see me under 50 BMI points

The Dragon (aka High Priestess Enchanting Even weave)
Current stitching - RSPCA Perfect Pets, Map of Durham, Cat Ornaments, Green Man
http://tempewytch.blogspot.com/ - stitching/house
http://tempewytchdiet.blogspot.com/ - diet/angst

--- On Mon, 22/6/09, bantrymoon <bantrymoon@comcast.net> wrote:

From: bantrymoon <bantrymoon@comcast.net>
Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] Re: Serious Wootness!
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 22 June, 2009, 1:19 AM

>>>> I shifted 4 pounds this week and whilst my BMI is still a smidge over 50 (50.1) I reckon another good week will see that down in the 40's

There are three weeks until I go away - here's hoping I can shift another decent amount before then! <<<<

Woo hoo! That's fantastic. You are so close to crossing that BMI border!

Now, mind if I ask what "wootness" is?

I love learning about dialect and language, but I wish I knew more about British ways of expression. One phrase I've picked up over the years is "and Bob's yer uncle." I teach science in high school, and I say that from time to time just for fun. My students think it's funny, but every once in a while one of them will use it. One of my favorites was a girl who gave a powerpoint presentation and put that on the last slide.

Cheers,

Trish

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment