Monday, December 6, 2010

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Ration book diet

 

I know Lila

I'm not sure about the margarine (personally I can't stand the taste of that in any case!), I think this is more a case of looking at what you should have on the ration and Veggifying it!  So instead of "standard" sausages, use Quorn sausages, instead of M*at use Quorn chunks, Quorn mince or lentils etc.

When it comes to the sugar I doubt I would ever use 8 oz a week either, the most I use is half a teaspoon in cocoa in the Winter!  I think the whole, this is all you can have each week, thing is what will make me think more about what I am putting in my body.

I may not be able to do the exercise they would have done in the Ration Book years BUT I can start using my hand weights and the resistance band I have.  The question is do I start this before Yule and the 31st December, OR do I kick this off as a New Year, New Me start type of thing?

The Dragon (aka High Priestess Enchanting Even weave)
Current stitching - RSPCA Perfect Pets, Map of Durham, Green Man, The Aerodrome 
http://tempewytchcrafts.typepad.com/tempewytchs-crafts-and-s/
http://tempewytchcrafts.typepad.com/tempewytchhealthyliving/

--- On Mon, 6/12/10, Lila <lila060506@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: Lila <lila060506@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] Ration book diet
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 6 December, 2010, 16:36

Quorn didn't exist then. Vegetarians got extra cheese and powdered egg.

The margarine was horrible.

I am sure we never had 8 ounces of sugar a week.

Other things, it just depended on what was available locally.

Lila

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment