Tuesday, December 7, 2010

DRAGON - Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Ration book diet

 



Hi Dragon,
 
I have the Ration Book Diet too but funnily enough I didn't buy it as a diet book but because I am very interested in the history of how people coped in the war/ration years.  I haven't been able to track down any collections of personal recipes from that period although I do have a book by Marguerite Patten and another couple which are reprints of books published by newspapers at that time. As I said, my motivation for buying the book was more for its historical information.  However, if you would like to have someone to work on the diet with you then I am more than happy to be your diet buddy.  I'm not trying to force myself on you (LOL) but of you think it would be easier with a buddy then count me in.
 
I suspect that eating this way would also be very good for the budget.
 
As for when is 'best' for you to start, that's something with all sorts of issues involved.  Do you want to get stuck in straight away, all guns blazing, while you are super-motivated?  Do you need time to use up 'non-ration' foods you already have on hand?  Do you need time to mentally adjust to the new eating plan?  Do you feel emotionally ready to tackle a new project at the moment? Are you the sort of person for whom the start of a new year has a great symbolic significance?  Only you can know the sorts of issues which are most relevant and important to you and your circumstances.  The great thing is that you have clearly made a commitment to yourself and that is wonderfully liberating.
 
Cheers from Marie
 

--- On Mon, 6/12/10, The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Ration book diet
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 6 December, 2010, 17:53

 

I know Lila

I'm not sure about the margarine (personally I can't stand the taste of that in any case!), I think this is more a case of looking at what you should have on the ration and Veggifying it!  So instead of "standard" sausages, use Quorn sausages, instead of M*at use Quorn chunks, Quorn mince or lentils etc.

When it comes to the sugar I doubt I would ever use 8 oz a week either, the most I use is half a teaspoon in cocoa in the Winter!  I think the whole, this is all you can have each week, thing is what will make me think more about what I am putting in my body.

I may not be able to do the exercise they would have done in the Ration Book years BUT I can start using my hand weights and the resistance band I have.  The question is do I start this before Yule and the 31st December, OR do I kick this off as a New Year, New Me start type of thing?

The Dragon (aka High Priestess Enchanting Even weave)
Current stitching - RSPCA Perfect Pets, Map of Durham, Green Man, The Aerodrome 
http://tempewytchcrafts.typepad.com/tempewytchs-crafts-and-s/
http://tempewytchcrafts.typepad.com/tempewytchhealthyliving/

--- On Mon, 6/12/10, Lila <lila060506@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: Lila <lila060506@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] Ration book diet
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 6 December, 2010, 16:36

Quorn didn't exist then. Vegetarians got extra cheese and powdered egg.

The margarine was horrible.

I am sure we never had 8 ounces of sugar a week.

Other things, it just depended on what was available locally.

Lila

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment