Sunday, April 10, 2011

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Newbie here

 

Hi Brooke,

Welcome to the group! Due to an extremely hectic life right now, I don't
always keep up with the messages or post often, but I did see your message.
I'm not vegan, but I just don't like regular milk (I also think that it's
ridiculous that sugar is added to it). I drink unsweetened almond milk as
an alternative and prefer the taste to regular milk. There are many options
out there, but the one that I prefer is Blue Diamond Almond Breeze:
http://store.bluediamond.com/Almond-Breeze-Original--Unsweetened_p_37.html

I believe that there are some unsweetened soy milks out there, but soy milk
tends to upset my stomach. I have some friends who prefer rice milk, but
I'm not sure about the sugar content.

Congratulations on you decision to become vegetarian! I have been a
vegetarian for about 13 years and feel much better than I did before.
Cutting down on sugar consumption may also help with the lethargic feeling.
I've noticed that when I've consumed a lot more sugar than usual, I start
feeling run down and sluggish.

Good luck on your journey to healthy eating!

Joy

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM, *Brooke* <liveyourlove@live.com> wrote:

>
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am the 46 year old mother of seven plus we have two young foster children
> in our care.I am currently 105kgs and feeling extremely lethargic and
> depressed.
>
> After watching some videos and reading some books I have decided to become
> Vegetarian with the intention of eventually becoming vegan. I was simply
> totally ignorant of the horrors of mass-produced cattle and chickens etc
> and
> feel really ashamed that I let my ignorance continue for so long.
>
> I also have a sugar addiction and I am trying to minimise all sugar. I have
> been drinking soy milk instead of milk and feeling great about that but
> today I noticed the third listed ingredient in it is ....yep, sugar! *sigh*
> Can anyone here please suggest an alternative to milk that DOESN'T contain
> sugar and secondly maybe some ideas for forums or websites that can help me
> with eating healthy vegetarian/no sugar meals?
>
> Namaste
> Brooke
>
> Celebrate The Divine In Everything
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment