Wednesday, December 2, 2009

[Vegetarianslimming] Tesco MINUS

 

Tescos is taking over the retail landscape of the UK and is influential in deciding what we buy for our homes and how we eat. Particularly large Tesco supermarkets are called Tesco Extra.

I enjoy a country bike ride to my nearest Tesco Extra on the border between Wales and Cheshire. I used to be able to buy many vegan foods there but sadly if they make slightly less profit than other foods they vanish off the shelves. The fact that vegans find it more difficult than non-veggies to find food doesn't factor into Tesco's rationale. They are big enough to be socially responsible but are that bothered.

Today I discover that my favourite vegan stir fry ingredients - tofu, Cauldron make of marinated Tofu along with falafels are no longer stocked. Plenty of Quorn but they are not vegan.

Shame on you, Tesco.

More Tesco Minus than Tesco Extra.

On my bike the extra 10 miles for Sainsbury!

Geoff

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment