Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Tesco MINUS

 

I can get falafel from my nearest Tesco in Whitstable Kent. Jewels

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 Dec 2009, at 13:28, "Geoff" <geoffnelder@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Tescos is taking over the retail landscape of the UK and is
> influential in deciding what we buy for our homes and how we eat.
> Particularly large Tesco supermarkets are called Tesco Extra.
>
> I enjoy a country bike ride to my nearest Tesco Extra on the border
> between Wales and Cheshire. I used to be able to buy many vegan
> foods there but sadly if they make slightly less profit than other
> foods they vanish off the shelves. The fact that vegans find it more
> difficult than non-veggies to find food doesn't factor into Tesco's
> rationale. They are big enough to be socially responsible but are
> that bothered.
>
> Today I discover that my favourite vegan stir fry ingredients -
> tofu, Cauldron make of marinated Tofu along with falafels are no
> longer stocked. Plenty of Quorn but they are not vegan.
>
> Shame on you, Tesco.
>
> More Tesco Minus than Tesco Extra.
>
> On my bike the extra 10 miles for Sainsbury!
>
> Geoff
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment