Thursday, August 9, 2012

Re: [VegetarianSlimming] Food Processor Ideas / was Re: What's for lunch/dinner today?

 

I had a nice cuisinart and hated it! LOL  I took one from my mom's cabinet that my sis gave to her out of HER cabinet, and I LOVE it.  I mostly use it to make pasta dough, as I have a little Ninja that holds about 2 cups that I use waaaay more than the food processor.

________________________________
From: riverrunwild <santbrown@hotmail.com>
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2012 5:27 PM
Subject: [VegetarianSlimming] Food Processor Ideas / was Re: What's for lunch/dinner today?


 
Oh this reminds me: Our food processor gave up the ghost some weeks (all too many weeks) ago, and we haven't replaced it yet. We need one, if only now and then. Has anyone here any suggestions about a really intelligent (not necessarily the cheapest) buy for us? We have a minimal number of gadgets - just the blender, a hand/stick blender (good for soups, sauces) and, er, coffee making stuff.

Heeeeelp.

--- In Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com, Cindi <cindi93069@...> wrote:
>
> No, they were pretty firm still. I used a fresh baguette that I broke down in the food processor. It called for 2 cups of bread crumbs. The juice from the 6 large tomatoes seemed to moisten them just perfectly, not soggy at all. Though I think tonight I will increase the stuffing, didn't quite overflow the tomatoes like I wanted the first time. :-)
> Spinach and pesto sound like a good tomato stuffer, too!
>
> Cindi
> --- On Thu, 8/9/12, Cassie Dixon <roxy87cabriolet@...> wrote:
>
> From: Cassie Dixon <roxy87cabriolet@...>
> Subject: Re: [VegetarianSlimming] What's for lunch/dinner today?
> To: "Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com" <Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com>
> Date: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 11:08 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Sounds yummy! I have a recipe for stuffed tomatoes using frozen spinach and pesto as the stuffing.
>
> I'll Have to try out the breadcrumbs... do they turn to mush?
>
>
>
> Cassie
>
> "life's a garden, dig it!"
>
>
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>
>
> On Aug 9, 2012, at 11:22 AM, Cindi <cindi93069@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Well, I've been rather lazy and eating sandwiches, capresse salads (yum), easy stuff. Melons, pineapple, other fruits. Some prepackaged Indian food with home steamed rice.
>
> > But tonight I'm going to make stuffed baked tomatoes I've made before. So yummy. Stuffing is fresh bread crumbs, the juice/seeds from hollowing out the tomatoes, sauted onion, thyme, parsley, manchego cheese, salt & pepper. I'm going to add some sage this time. I think it will be a nice addition to the flavor.
>
> > Cindi
>
> >
>
> > --- On Tue, 8/7/12, riverrunwild <santbrown@...> wrote:
>
> >
>
> > From: riverrunwild <santbrown@...>
>
> > Subject: [VegetarianSlimming] What's for lunch/dinner today?
>
> > To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
>
> > Date: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 10:38 AM
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Just had a quickie hot lunch - commercial seitan 'chicken' breasts plus a medley of veg (green beans, zucchini sliced to the same length/size, onion, tomato with a shake of commercial curry powder), garnished with pea tenders and cilantro. All done in under ten minutes. Lazy? Yup, and proud of it today - cuz it's beautiful weather out there and out is where we're going for sure :)
>
> >
>
> > So, what did the rest of you have or are you planning to have today? Any good salad or sandwich ideas? What else?
>
> >
>
> > Best,
>
> >
>
> > River
>
> >
>
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> >
>
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment