Sunday, January 1, 2012

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Re: Happy New Year

 

Broke my new veganism (5 weeks) for spinach dip with sour cream from a cow :((. I'm also soy free, do to my hormones and cystic acne, so using soy sour cream wasn't an option either. I was asked by the hostess to make it, and I brought Cowboy Caviar (a mix of beans with red wine vinegarette, diced red onion, diced jalapeño), too, so I could eat something along with the drinking :)).
When I first became a vegetarian, I lived on spinach dip, salsa, and guacamole for 2-3 months, and ate it with all different kinds of veggie sticks. It helped to change my taste buds to like veggies. As a seasoned vegetarian of 5 years now, I know how that was unhealthy to eats the same foods instead of a variety. As I work on this journey to veganism, I may find I regress a bit and stay in the comfort zone (pizza with no cheese and nachos with no cheese are pretty tasty!) and make adjustments as needed.
As I munch my organic banana on this beautiful 64 degree morning in Sunny Florida, I vow each meal today will be vegan. I'm proud of that choice :))
Cassie
"life's a garden, dig it!"

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 1, 2012, at 3:48 AM, "Lila" <lila060506@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> to everyone celebrating it.
>
> Lila
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment