Friday, October 28, 2011

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Newbie Intro: I am a newcomer to this group.

 

Welcome! I am celebrating my 5 th year of being a vegetarian/part-time vegan.
My 5 year old daughter is also a vegetarian :)). My husband is willing to try all my veg meals, he just adds a piece of animal to his servings, (which he is in charge of buying and cooking).
With all of the info about why less animal protein is best and why a colorful diet of fruits, grains, and vegetables is sooo very important, it shocks me that people still choose their meat and potatoes and mac-n-cheese as a meal. I'm also shocked at the drive thru line of McDonalds and Dairy Queen. Haven't been to McDs in 5 years, and fast food to me is a container of seeds and mixed nuts and maybe a Luna bar :)). Though, it's not far between that I'll risk eating a big salad while driving, too! Lol
I started my husband on a healthier lifestyle and coming around to eating what I wanted to eat, I used crumbes, faux ground beef, in almost every meal. It was pretty unhealthy, eating processed soy every night, but it helped him realize we wouldn't be eating broccoli an lentil casserole every night. He really liked it, and now that I'm soy free, he usually asks me to make the crumbles on the side for him :). I'll gladly make that over cow any day!
Best of luck to you and your mom. Do you have a weight loss goal in mind or just clearing those arteries now? I'm working on 8-10 stubborn pounds.
I run 3 miles 2-3 times a week, I take Yoga classes 4 times a week, I teach Yoga to children 4 times a week, and i teach 1 adult Yoga class a week. I also have that 5 year old to chase around ;)). I feel my activity level is high, so now I focus on my eating habits more. I have larger eyes than my stomach and I mindlessly eat (especially in front of the tv). Trying to be mindfull about those two now.

Welcome to the group!

Cassie
"life's a garden, dig it!"
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 27, 2011, at 3:12 PM, "angelplus" <angelplus@yahoo.com> wrote:

My mother and I are 2 weeks into being FatFree Vegans. We are following the Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease book by Caldwell B. Esselsty. Is anyone else following this book?

My spouse eats meat, potatoes, pasta and beans. No other vegetables, no fruits. He has been this way all of his life. He does not even want to try any vegetables or fruit. Hoping to find recipes, tips and ideas to entice my spouse to eat vegetables and fruit.

Newbie Intro: I am a newcomer to this group.
Blessing to you, Angel

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment