Monday, October 3, 2011

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] My first garden

 

Wow, Cindi,
I must hazard a wild guess(chuckle) and say you live somewhere south of the Equator, and it is Spring there? We had our first frost this morning, I spent this evening bringing my tender herbs into the house and covering the plants I can't. Tomorrow I'll be cutting all my basil and making a big batch of Pesto to last the winter. (I live in western North Carolina, in the US)As much as it's sort of sad to see my garden go dormant, I'm enjoying the cool days! Time to start dragging out the old soup pot!

Janet in NC

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cindi" <cindi93069@yahoo.com>
So I spent most of this weekend getting together my garden. I fenced in a 15 foot x 30 foot area and have two beds about 27 feet long and 4 feet wide that I raised up with dirt. I'm so tired and sore today but I got it all done! I even did my first planting and got 20 different things in the ground. I cheated and used 6 starters since I wanted to see something green after all my hard work and then planted 14 kinds of seeds.
Here's what I planted:Chard, rainbow and greenLettuce, red leafCabbage, two kindsBok ChoyCauliflower, green BroccoliOnions, Walla Walla and Sweet SpanishChivesBasilPeas, Alaska and SugarCarrots, red and short onesBeets, two red varietiesRadishesScallions
And I still have room to plant more! I also need to move my potted mint back to the garden now, too. So excited to watch everything grow and eat all that yummy fresh food!
Have a great week, everyone.Cindi

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment