Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Is my bike a vegetarian?

 

I thought he might say the tires ‹ I¹d heard that rendered animal parts are
used in producing some types of rubber, including the kind that is used in
tires.

Anna

On 21/9/11 6:54 AM, "Geoff" <geoffnelder@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
> I collected a new spare cycle from a bike shop yesterday. Mainly it will be my
> son riding it when he's over from Nottingham. We can then go for some all-day
> touring together. I've a Dawes Super Galaxy at home – great but pricey to have
> a clone so I ordered its younger sister, a Dawes Vantage. The man in the bike
> shop said, "I can swap the default saddle for a Brooks quite cheaply."
> I said, "No thanks, the Brooks is made of leather and I'm a veggie."
> "No problem," he said, "but what about other stuff on the bike that is made
> from animals?"
> "There isn't anything," I said, wondering if maybe there was some lanolin in a
> lubricant.
> "Ah," he said, pointing at the handlebars. "The tape."
> "But... but they're cork."
> "Yes," he said, with a smile showing he'd scored.
> I waited a minute to see if the penny would drop by itself, but when it didn't
> I had to say, "Cork is tree."
>
> Geoff
> http://geoffnelder.com
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment