Friday, May 13, 2011

[Vegetarianslimming] Welcome, Janet!

 

Hi group, below find new member Janet's questionnarie/bio. Happy Friday!
Cindi
 
Hi,
My name is Janet, I've been a chef for nearly 20 years, and have been vegan for most of that time. (except for those periods when I've "fallen off the wagon"!) I'm pretty much a McDougall Plan type.
I do try to eat as lowfat, low calorie as I can, with an eye to losing weight. That has been my struggle for years, and since I'm in my 50's, I guess I can no longer claim to be losing 'baby weight'! Especially since my 'baby' has turned 18....
I enjoy creating and sharing recipes, food is not only my career but my hobby, and I see food as nourishment for soul as well as body. Hospitality is the sweetest gift of all.
I live a small town in the Southern Appalachian mountains (USA) which is...not generally a vegetarian-friendly area, to put it mildly. The only time I was able to work in a veg-friendly restaurant was during the 3 years I owned my own place!
Hope I can be of some help to some, and get some ideas from some others.

Yours, Janet in NC

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment