Saturday, October 2, 2010

DRAGON - Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Eating Elephants

 

Hi Dragon,
 
Thank goodness your leg ulcer is finally nearly healed.  You have had trouble with that for a very long time so i am sure you are delighted with the progress. 
 
Good luck with both of your elephants.  Please keep us posted regarding your progress.
 
How do you do the food tracking?  Do you record calories and other details or just what/when you ate?  I have found the latter approach works well for me.  I don't need or want to know exactly how many calories I eat, just to make sure I write it down so my brain registers that I have actually eaten. 
 
Another thing I do is to make sure I always sit at the table to eat, even if it's only a small snack.  That way I am always aware that Ii have eaten and don't need that extra snack or three!!
 
I had my quarterly check up with the diabetes care nurse on Tuesday.  I was delighted to discover I had lost another 4 kgs, despite having spent time on holiday in England (where, as you know only too well, I didn't eat with too much moderation!!!!) and also a week in Ireland in September.  With all that holiday eating and the lack of exercise for a month while I was recovering from my surgery I honestly didn't expect to lose any weight this time.  Since January I have now lost 26 kgs/57 pounds.  It sounds a lot but sadly it isn't even half of what I had to lose at the beginning of this journey.  My current weight is 113 kgs/249 pounds, down from 139/305.  Onward now to the next 26 kgs.  Let's go on this journey together.  It's so much easier with someone who understands what a battle losing weight can be.
 
Cheers from Marie

--- On Fri, 1/10/10, The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Date: Friday, 1 October, 2010, 12:10

 

Okay I have two Elephants I want to get done this month, one is weight related - back to tracking and shifting some weight (still nearly 150 kg which is waaaaaaaay too much!), it looks as though the leg ulcer is nearly healed (after a hiccough) so I feel I can get back to this now.

The other one/s are craft related, I want to get the boxes stitched on the Medieval Sampler and I want to get the first square ... well squared off! on the throw *grin* - by the end of the 7th I would like to have the Perfect Pets back out to stitch as I really want to finish that one off so I can change my signature LOL.

So how is everyone else doing?

The Dragon

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment