Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] whats for dinner tonight?

 

i posted about having falafel ;)). They were yummy!
I also tried the rice dish and it was yummy, too! I added the naked cutlet to the recipe, but kept everything else the same as original.
Tonight is stir fry with fried tofu and soba noodles. It's cooling as we speak/write and I'm finishing my pre-meal cocktail.
Cheers!

Cassie
"life's a garden, dig it!"

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2010, at 4:09 PM, unita walburn <uwalburn@yahoo.com> wrote:

This rice recipe looks great. Thanks to everyone for responding. I was also reminded by someone elses post about falafels. I have a gluten free recipe somewhere. I will dig it up and make it soon.
Unita Walburn
Mulberry Island Station Homestead
Berefoot Books Stall Holder
visit my site @ www.mybarefootbooks.com/UnitaWalburn

________________________________
From: pipedream63 <pipedream63@dodo.com.au>
To: "Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com" <Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thu, April 15, 2010 6:08:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] whats for dinner tonight?

On 14/4/10 8:36 AM, "Unita" <uwalburn@yahoo. com> wrote:

> How about sharing what you made for dinner tonight. Who knows you may be
> helping someone like me get out of a rut or get a new idea. For instance, I
> could not think of anything great to make today so we just had gluten free
> pasta and sauce with nutritonal yeast sprinkled on top. So, How aobut you !!!
>
> ------------ --------- --

I made a casserole I got from the VeganGal newsletter which she calles
Broccoli Rice Œa Roni Casserole. Here¹s the official recipe, then I¹ll tell
you how I modified it:

BROCCOLI RICE ŒA RONI CASSEROLE
1-1/4c brown rice
2 cups un-chicken broth or veggie stock
1 cup water
2 cups chopped broccoli tops and stems
2 cups sliced carrots
1 (15.5 oz) can great northern beans with liquid
1 (2 oz) jar pimento
1 Bay leaf
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp basil
2 tsp vegan instant chicken-style broth
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)

In a deep casserole dish combine all the ingredients and stir to combine
well. Turn oven to 400F. Cover casserole and let preheat and cook for about
80 minutes.

------

MY MODIFICATIONS:
First, I left out the nutritional yeast, basil and bay leaf and instead
added 2 Tbsp smoked paprika. Then, in the last 25 minutes I toss a
vegetarian chicken-style roast in the oven alongside the rice dish. When
they¹re done, I dice half the roast and toss it through the casserole (save
the rest for sandwiches or another dish). You could really modify it just
about any way you like. It¹s a long time to cook because of the brown rice,
but as we¹re heading into colder weather in Australia, I don¹t mind. I come
home, toss the dish together and put it in the oven, then I have time to
work out and shower. When I get out of the shower, dinner is ready. :)

Anna
http://eatbreathemo ve.blogspot. com/

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment