Thursday, April 22, 2010

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] whats for dinner tonight?

I am making a herb garden, and have grown thyme, parsley and chives from
seed.I also have chervil, lemon grass and fennel growing. In the middle is
an artichoke and I am about to put in an asparagus plant.

On 20 April 2010 21:09, unita walburn <uwalburn@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> This rice recipe looks great. Thanks to everyone for responding. I was also
> reminded by someone elses post about falafels. I have a gluten free recipe
> somewhere. I will dig it up and make it soon.
> Unita Walburn
> Mulberry Island Station Homestead
> Berefoot Books Stall Holder
> visit my site @ www.mybarefootbooks.com/UnitaWalburn
>
> ________________________________
> From: pipedream63 <pipedream63@dodo.com.au <pipedream63%40dodo.com.au>>
> To: "Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com<Vegetarianslimming%40yahoogroups.com>"
> <Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com <Vegetarianslimming%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> Sent: Thu, April 15, 2010 6:08:28 AM
> Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] whats for dinner tonight?
>
>
> On 14/4/10 8:36 AM, "Unita" <uwalburn@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
> > How about sharing what you made for dinner tonight. Who knows you may be
> > helping someone like me get out of a rut or get a new idea. For instance,
> I
> > could not think of anything great to make today so we just had gluten
> free
> > pasta and sauce with nutritonal yeast sprinkled on top. So, How aobut you
> !!!
> >
> > ------------ --------- --
>
> I made a casserole I got from the VeganGal newsletter which she calles
> Broccoli Rice Œa Roni Casserole. Here¹s the official recipe, then I¹ll tell
> you how I modified it:
>
> BROCCOLI RICE ŒA RONI CASSEROLE
> 1-1/4c brown rice
> 2 cups un-chicken broth or veggie stock
> 1 cup water
> 2 cups chopped broccoli tops and stems
> 2 cups sliced carrots
> 1 (15.5 oz) can great northern beans with liquid
> 1 (2 oz) jar pimento
> 1 Bay leaf
> 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
> 1 Tbsp basil
> 2 tsp vegan instant chicken-style broth
> 1/2 tsp rosemary
> 1/2 tsp thyme
> 1/2 tsp garlic powder
> 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
>
> In a deep casserole dish combine all the ingredients and stir to combine
> well. Turn oven to 400F. Cover casserole and let preheat and cook for about
> 80 minutes.
>
> ------
>
> MY MODIFICATIONS:
> First, I left out the nutritional yeast, basil and bay leaf and instead
> added 2 Tbsp smoked paprika. Then, in the last 25 minutes I toss a
> vegetarian chicken-style roast in the oven alongside the rice dish. When
> they¹re done, I dice half the roast and toss it through the casserole (save
> the rest for sandwiches or another dish). You could really modify it just
> about any way you like. It¹s a long time to cook because of the brown rice,
> but as we¹re heading into colder weather in Australia, I don¹t mind. I come
> home, toss the dish together and put it in the oven, then I have time to
> work out and shower. When I get out of the shower, dinner is ready. :)
>
> Anna
> http://eatbreathemo ve.blogspot. com/
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Vegetarianslimming/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Vegetarianslimming/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Vegetarianslimming-digest@yahoogroups.com
Vegetarianslimming-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Vegetarianslimming-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment