Saturday, September 12, 2009

[Vegetarianslimming] Re: New Member

 

--- In Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com, "Kate" <bitzn1@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I have just joined this group, here's a little about myself
>
> I am retired, widowed with 2 children and 8 grandchildren,
> I live in London UK. I have been a vegetarian for around 55 years now, as a
> child I would eat all my vegetables and leave the meat and fish, I just don
> t like the taste of it!
>
> I am the only vegetarian in the family although my children and
> grandchildren quite enjoy eating veggie meals when they visit and do include
> some of these in their meals at home
>
> I am trying to lose weight so am always trying to find low cal/low fat
> recipes. I have a few I will share with you all and hope to collect some
> more
>
> Looking forward to getting to know you all
>
> Kate
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Hi Kate,
Have you checked out Eat To Live? The web site is www.drfuhrman.com
I was a diabetic, now I am officially and ex-diabetic. I had very high medicated blood pressure, now I am in normal range. I was overweight even after a year on a raw vegan diet. Now I am losing a ton of weight effortlessly and hoping for a remission of my fibromyalgia, it has happened for others on the program. I had high cholesterol, now it is in the very low range.
I am amazed that even being around the vegan world for a few years how I could have missed this. I guess I assumed that it was the same old stuff. Now I am a "nutritarian" and am heading everyday to better health. If you own true, vibrant health, proper weight will be there. The hardest challenge for me was taking all salt out of my diet. After sticking with it for a month I am now OK with it and enjoying food more than I ever had. This has been a true godsend to me and has shocked my doctor.
Respectfully,
Rosemary

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Get in Shape

on Yahoo! Groups

Find a buddy

and lose weight.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment