Friday, September 4, 2009

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Re: Anyone have a good veggie meatball (neatball) recipe?

 

Braggs Liquid Aminos is a soy sauce.

Pam

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Mermaidude<appytails@telus.net> wrote:
>
>
> Hi Cindi,
>
> I found this page with several recipes, but have not tried any yet.
>
> http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/veg/neat.html
>
> The ones called the Veggie Balls are pretty much what I've been looking for
> in a recipe. The problem with these ones is the breakdown says how many it
> serves and nutritional information on that, but don't say how many balls the
> recipe actually makes based on say about golf ball size. I mean I can buy a
> cake and say it serves 8 or 10. But if only one or two people are eating it,
> then it only serves two. Hopefully not all in one sitting!
>
> I have a few recipes in my cookbooks but they all seem to call for a cup of
> cheese and a cup of crushed nuts which are not always items I have on hand.
> Or other oddball ingredients I don't shop for. One of my recipes calls for 2
> tablespoons of Bragg Liquid Aminos, whatever that is! Never heard of it.
> Don't plan on looking for it either!
>
> Cheryl
>
> --- In Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com, Cindi <cindi93069@...> wrote:
>>
>> No suggestions here, sorry, just chiming in on what you find with your
>> recipe search. Yea, it is pretty crazy what people consider vegetarian! I
>> haven't made any meatballs from scratch but would love to hear how it went
>> when you find a low cal/fat recipe!
>>
>> Have you looked through Vegetarian Times recipes online?
>>
>> Cindi
>>
>> --- On Thu, 9/3/09, Mermaidude <appytails@...> wrote:
>>
>> From: Mermaidude <appytails@...>
>> Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] Anyone have a good veggie meatball
>> (neatball) recipe?
>> To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
>> Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 8:59 AM
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> I've done a few searches on the Internet using veggie and vegetarian as
>> keywords. You won't believe some of the things people put into veggie
>> meatballs and still use that word in the title. If it has ground round,
>> poultry soup stock, etc....it ain't what I'm looking for! We are not vegan
>> so eggs, cottage cheese, cheese are OK. Something to jazz up the spaghetti
>> meals once in a while. I found a recipe that uses a package of cream cheese.
>> Sounds good, but I'm not sure how the calorie intake would be even if I used
>> the light brand.
>>
>>
>>
>> I do make my own veggie burgers for the BBQ using canned kidney beans or
>> black beans, whichever can I grab out of the cupboard first! My husband
>> really likes them too, especially if I make a slip with the oatmeal and add
>> lots of it to the mix. Oddly enough he doesn't eat cooked oatmeal with
>> breakfast or anything. I'm almost thinking I could turn those into little
>> balls instead of patties, but I'm checking if anyone has a decent recipe
>> they can recommend. And again this would be for meatballs, so tomato sauce
>> would be good. I saw a lot of recipes for sweet and sour that bake in the
>> oven and some that call for baked in the oven topped with cream of mushroom
>> soup. Not discounting them. May be good for some other time, but I like my
>> spaghetti with a tomato sauce and veggies.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment