Friday, September 4, 2009

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Anyone have a good veggie meatball (neatball) recipe?

 

Hi! The best I have made was a throw together spin off of Falafel. I used
the falafel recipe and added carrots,Zucchini, onion and garlic etc.
Anything I like and then just continued to follow the falafel recipe. I
add these Veggie balls to Spaghetti and eat them with cucumber and onion
salad on pitas. Traditional Falafel recipe
http://mideastfood.about.com/od/quickandsimplemeals/r/easyfalafel.htmand
add whatever you like easy simple Have a Great Day! ENJOY!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: Cindi
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Anyone have a good veggie meatball
(neatball) recipe?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 19:05:02 -0700 (PDT)

 

No suggestions here, sorry, just chiming in on what you find with
your recipe search. Yea, it is pretty crazy what people consider
vegetarian! I haven't made any meatballs from scratch but would love
to hear how it went when you find a low cal/fat recipe!

Have you looked through Vegetarian Times recipes online?

Cindi

--- On Thu, 9/3/09, Mermaidude <appytails@telus.net> wrote:

From: Mermaidude <appytails@telus.net>
Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] Anyone have a good veggie meatball
(neatball) recipe?
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 8:59 AM

 

I've done a few searches on the Internet using veggie and vegetarian
as keywords. You won't believe some of the things people put into
veggie meatballs and still use that word in the title. If it has
ground round, poultry soup stock, etc....it ain't what I'm looking
for! We are not vegan so eggs, cottage cheese, cheese are OK.
Something to jazz up the spaghetti meals once in a while. I found a
recipe that uses a package of cream cheese. Sounds good, but I'm not
sure how the calorie intake would be even if I used the light brand.

I do make my own veggie burgers for the BBQ using canned kidney beans
or black beans, whichever can I grab out of the cupboard first! My
husband really likes them too, especially if I make a slip with the
oatmeal and add lots of it to the mix. Oddly enough he doesn't eat
cooked oatmeal with breakfast or anything. I'm almost thinking I
could turn those into little balls instead of patties, but I'm
checking if anyone has a decent recipe they can recommend. And again
this would be for meatballs, so tomato sauce would be good. I saw a
lot of recipes for sweet and sour that bake in the oven and some that
call for baked in the oven topped with cream of mushroom soup. Not
discounting them. May be good for some other time, but I like my
spaghetti with a tomato sauce and veggies.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

--
An Excellent Credit Score is 750
See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Yahoo! Groups

Weight Management Challenge

Join others who

are losing pounds.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment