Friday, September 4, 2009

[Vegetarianslimming] Re: Anyone have a good veggie meatball (neatball) recipe?

 

Hi,
I'm not sure if there is a Trader Joe's in your area but we ususally get the Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs. They are wonderful:

http://www.traderjoesfan.com/Trader_Joes/Products/Misc/Veggie_Meatballs/details/

--- In Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com, "Mermaidude" <appytails@...> wrote:
>
> I've done a few searches on the Internet using veggie and vegetarian as keywords. You won't believe some of the things people put into veggie meatballs and still use that word in the title. If it has ground round, poultry soup stock, etc....it ain't what I'm looking for! We are not vegan so eggs, cottage cheese, cheese are OK. Something to jazz up the spaghetti meals once in a while. I found a recipe that uses a package of cream cheese. Sounds good, but I'm not sure how the calorie intake would be even if I used the light brand.
>
> I do make my own veggie burgers for the BBQ using canned kidney beans or black beans, whichever can I grab out of the cupboard first! My husband really likes them too, especially if I make a slip with the oatmeal and add lots of it to the mix. Oddly enough he doesn't eat cooked oatmeal with breakfast or anything. I'm almost thinking I could turn those into little balls instead of patties, but I'm checking if anyone has a decent recipe they can recommend. And again this would be for meatballs, so tomato sauce would be good. I saw a lot of recipes for sweet and sour that bake in the oven and some that call for baked in the oven topped with cream of mushroom soup. Not discounting them. May be good for some other time, but I like my spaghetti with a tomato sauce and veggies.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment