Saturday, November 5, 2011

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Started the Rice Diet Monday and I've lost over 13 pounds as of this morning

 

Hi Dena,

If you go to Durham NC and spend a few weeks there as a 'Ricer' it's
probably a bit more restrictive, but I'm following the home based plan from
The Rice Diet Solution so day 1 of each week is the most restrictive. It's
best to read the book because it goes into much more detail, but it's
basically a low-fat and low-salt plan, as they claim the high salt levels in
the processed foods most of us eat is what causes the cravings to keep
eating more and more. I must say, though I initially started day 1 thinking
wow, those are small portions, it will never satisfy me, the truth is it
did. I wasn't hungry. Maybe that's the lack of salt, or maybe it's being
starch-based, but either way I was thrilled that I wasn't hungry and I lost
weight. Obviously the more you have to lose, the more you're likely to lose
in week one, and I started at 271 pounds.

Portion sizes for this diet are:

1 starch =
1/3 cup rice or beans
1/2 cup cooked grains, pasta or starchy vegetables (potatoes, corn, green
peas, yams)
Or 1 slice of bread or 1/2-1cup cereal (depending on the cereal)

1 fruit =
1/2 a banana, 1 medium fruit or 1 cup cut fruit, grapes or blueberries, etc.

1 vegetable =
1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw vegetables

So day 1 of week 1 each meal you're allowed 2 starches and 2 fruits.

The rest of week one breakfast is 1 starch, 1 non-fat dairy (or soy milk)
and 1 fruit
Lunch & Dinner are each: 3 starches, 3 vegetables and 1 fruit

Hope that helps, but as I said, you're better off reading the book because
they get into the rationale of the plan and how it also involves
mindfulness, meditation and yoga ­ it's all about a way of life rather than
just a diet, and taking care of your mind, body and spirit. If you want to
see the exact menus I've been eating, you can look on my blog, I listed them
every day for the first week.

Anna
http://eatbreathemove.blogspot.com/

On 6/11/11 1:12 AM, "Dena Deen" <tigriss007@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
> What all is involved in this diet?
> ?
> Dena
>
> Save the Earth, its the only planet with chocolate!
>
> ________________________________
> From: pipedream63 <pipedream63@dodo.com.au <mailto:pipedream63%40dodo.com.au>
> >
> To: "Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Vegetarianslimming%40yahoogroups.com> "
> <Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Vegetarianslimming%40yahoogroups.com> >
> Sent: Saturday, November 5, 2011 12:58 AM
> Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] Started the Rice Diet Monday and I've lost over
> 13 pounds as of this morning
>
> ?
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just wanted to share my progress since starting The Rice Diet last Monday.
> It¹s Saturday afternoon, so I¹m half way through day 6, and as of this
> morning I am down 13.23 pounds. I feel great, I¹m not hungry nor do I have
> any cravings, so it¹s been really easy to avoid temptations. Tonight will
> be the real test ­ hubby will be away on a gig, so I¹ll be all alone.
> That¹s usually when I eat things I shouldn¹t! But I¹m satisfied on this
> plan, so any temptation to eat off plan would be because of boredom or
> emotions, not real hunger, so I¹ve got a plan in place. I can read, walk
> the dogs, or just turn on the jukebox and dance if I get bored, so hopefully
> I¹ll be fine. Just wanted to share how thrilled I am on this plan in my
> first week.
>
> Anna
> http://eatbreathemove.blogspot.com/
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment