Sunday, November 8, 2009

[Vegetarianslimming] Slimming Soup

 

I've been looking through the soup recipes, now that the weather has turned, to see what kinds of good soups are posted in the files. There's quite a variety. I didn't see anything like one of my favorite lunchtime soups, though. It's a favorite because it takes even less work and up front time than most soups. And it always tastes so fresh that I even have it sometimes in the summer. I got the original from 101 Cookbooks.

My office lunch version of 10 Minute Couscous Soup--
Bouillon or stock concentrate to make about 1 1/2 cps veg. broth (no need to reconstitute it yet)
Small pinch red pepper flakes
Up to 1/4 cup wheat, barley, or regular couscous
1/2 cup or so frozen broccoli
1/2 cup or so frozen cauliflower
bit of sun-dried tomato if you have it (I often forget it)
bit of chopped onion or green onion
Sometimes I add a little yellow squash or zucchini

I throw all that into a container for work and when lunch time comes, I add the water to reconstitute the broth and put it into a microwave for a few minutes. Notice the quantities aren't exact--it's a very forgiving recipe. I wouldn't make it in advance. You know how overdone broccoli can be. If I've gone lightly on the vegetables, I take some salad for lunch as well.

So what are some of your favorite soups?

Louise

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment