Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Seen the quack for blood test results

 

Donna,
I have managed my firbromyalgia through diet. For years I was on pain meds even as a vegetarian . I was a junk food vegetarian for years. Then I found out that I had milk and wheat allergies. I stopped comsuming both. I lost 3 inches off my waist in the first week. Wheat was causing severe bloating, but I do not have celiacs. Since then I have lost 60lbs without measuring or limitted foods. I did not know until then how much food can hurt you. I had stomach aches all my life, then the Fibro and a low grade fever for 20 yrs that could never be explained. If i cheat and drink one glass of milk i will weigh 2lbs more the next day, even if i eat nothing else. Wheat and dairy just do not like me. I wish you continue sucess with the healing of your body.
 Unita Walburn
Mulberry Island Station Homestead
Berefoot Books Stall Holder
visit my site @ www.mybarefootbooks.com/UnitaWalburn

________________________________
From: Donna Shad <sdbmshad@yahoo.com>
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, June 2, 2010 8:12:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Seen the quack for blood test results

 
I hope that you have that side effect as well. It's tough when the doctors don't know whats totally going on. I went for 5 years not understanding why I was in pain all the time. Now I know it's the Fibro. I can reduce my stress and pain and believe it or not one of the things that helps it the most is eating right. I have had 4 fibro flares in the last 2 months (since going vegetarian). Where before I went one after another and averaged 2 a week. Some are so bad I have to just stay in bed. I couldn't work I couldn't cook I couldn't do anything. Now I'm back and able to drive 450 miles to see my husband (he's on a project several states away). When I get back I don't have pain! Totally amazing to me.
I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that everthing else comes back negative and that you only have to deal with what you all ready know about.
Hugs
Donna in SC
ps. I notice that you have something about Durham in your tag line... Is that Durham NC? I go through that area when I go to visit my husband.

--- On Wed, 6/2/10, The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: The Dragon <dragonsteeluk@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Seen the quack for blood test results
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, June 2, 2010, 3:01 AM

 

Thanks Donna

Marie knows how hard I struggle with my weight (mind you don't we all!) and I do hope the other tests come back clear (they are fairly sure I DON'T have diabetes but it was worth testing for at the same time) - one of the side effects of the Thyroxine is excessive weight loss :D (seeing as I normally get the worst side effects I am hoping for this one *grin*)

The Dragon (aka High Priestess Enchanting Even weave)
Current stitching - RSPCA Perfect Pets, Map of Durham, Green Man, The Aerodrome 
http://tempewytch.blogspot.com/ - stitching/house
http://tempewytchdiet.blogspot.com/ - diet/angst

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Do

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment