Sunday, August 23, 2009

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Re: Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin- article from TIME

 

I also have a bike but since we moved to the top of a hill, I have not been
riding it. It's too steep.By the way, my name is juliet and I'm from
England, a small town on the South East coast.
I have taken up swimming and have just planted out a vegetable patch with
lots of salad stuff and other veg.

2009/8/22 Cindi <cindi93069@yahoo.com>

>
>
> Agreed Cassie! I have recently taken up riding my bicycle around town
> instead of the bus. It takes less time and isn't nearly as hard as I had
> been thinking it would be. Just took me to get up and out there a couple
> times to realize. And yes, the mental benefits are great! :-)
>
> Cindi
>
> --- On Fri, 8/21/09, Cassie Dixon <roxy87cabriolet@yahoo.com<roxy87cabriolet%40yahoo.com>>
> wrote:
>
> From: Cassie Dixon <roxy87cabriolet@yahoo.com<roxy87cabriolet%40yahoo.com>
> >
> Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Re: Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin-
> article from TIME
> To: "Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com<Vegetarianslimming%40yahoogroups.com>"
> <Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com <Vegetarianslimming%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> Date: Friday, August 21, 2009, 4:54 AM
>
>
>
> Along with the mental health benefits you recieve from excersize and
> increased heart rate. I am going to keep it up, too!
>
> Cassie
>
> "life's a garden, dig it!"
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 21, 2009, at 7:21 AM, bantrymoon <bantrymoon@comcast. net> wrote:
>
> The article was interesting, but it's got a tone that we all need to be
>
> careful about. It's easy to read something like that and take away the
>
> message that exercise is useless. That's the kind of whiz-bang headline
>
> that sells magazines. But all it's saying is that exercise in a gym
>
> isn't a panacea for weight loss, not that we don't have to do any
>
> physical activity.
>
> It would be a foolish thing to assume that an hour in a gym counteracts
>
> overeating. We know that if we eat more calories than we burn, we gain
>
> weight. It would be a mistake, though, simply to throw up our hands and
>
> avoid it altogether. Exercise does help burn calories, it just isn't
>
> enough all by itself.
>
> Without exercise, losing weight would be a lot harder for me. I work out
>
> 5 days a week, running for 40 minutes and lifting weights for 20. In
>
> Weight Watchers, that counts for 6 points I can add on the days I
>
> exercise. I'm allowed 20 points without exercise. Obviously what I eat
>
> is the major part of the program, and that extra 6 points isn't
>
> insignificant. But it's just 6 points, not the whole nine yards.
>
> Exercise is vital for good health as well as an important factor in
>
> maintaining a healthy weight. I plan to keep on doing it!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Trish
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Car groups and more!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment