Saturday, July 4, 2009

[Vegetarianslimming] (no subject)



I just finished reading a book about changing our approach to eating,
and it's been a big help for me. The scale was down one more pound this
morning -- yay!

The book is Mindful Eating, by Jan Chozen Bays. She's both a physician
and a Buddhist teacher, but you don't have to be Buddhist to use the
techniques in the book, and she doesn't push religion at anyone.

I've put several techniques into practice already, and I'm noticing a
big change in how I eat.

One technique is to take a few moments before you start eating to look
at your food. Observe colors, textures and arrangements. Inhale
fragrances. Just appreciate it a bit.

Then, eat slowly, savoring each bite. I found that I eat very quickly,
which apparently is a cultural characteristic of Americans. When I
slowed down and payed attention to each bite, I discovered that I could
identify and enjoy flavors more. For instance, I love veggie hot dogs in
wholegrain buns slathered in mustard. I could actually taste each
component when I chewed my food and took my time with each bite.

I also feel more satisfied with my meal before it's even over. That
really helps me avoid eating too much. Taking the time to enjoy food and
losing weight as a result -- who knew?

Cheers,

Trish

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Cat Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about cats.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Mental Health

Learn More

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment