Monday, December 26, 2011

Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cubes with only healthy ingredients?

 

Yea, I've used some Trader Joe's veggie stock/broth recently. I don't really care for cubes but I do like the Better than Bouillon paste I posted about. 
I would think a benefit of cubes/paste over broth would be you can have a bunch on hand in case you forget to pick up or make broth. Works for me that way anyways. :-)
Cindi

--- On Mon, 12/26/11, Cassie Dixon <roxy87cabriolet@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Cassie Dixon <roxy87cabriolet@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Vegetarianslimming] Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cubes with only healthy ingredients?
To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, December 26, 2011, 1:21 PM

 

I have never used bouillon cubes before. I use organic vegetable stock. I can't remember the brand name, but it has about 8 ingredients and I'd say 6 are while foods :)).

Benefit of using cubes versus straight broth????

Cassie

"life's a garden, dig it!"

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 26, 2011, at 2:11 PM, Cindi <cindi93069@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Angel,

I usually use Better than Bouillon when I need veggie stock and don't have any homemade around.http://www.superiortouch.com/retail/products/better-than-bouillon/premium-bases/36/vegetable-base

Not sure if it has too many ingredients for your liking but wanted to share! :-)

Cindi

We laugh a lot. That's for sure. Sure beats the alternative, doesn't it?

-- Betty White

--- On Mon, 12/26/11, angelplus <angelplus@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: angelplus <angelplus@yahoo.com>

Subject: [Vegetarianslimming] Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cubes with only healthy ingredients?

To: Vegetarianslimming@yahoogroups.com

Date: Monday, December 26, 2011, 8:29 AM

Many bouillon cubes contain not only an inordinate amount of sodium but MSG as well. And then as an added bonus they throw in some hydrogenated oil. Is there any brands of Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cubes with only healthy ingredients?

I have made Vegetable Bouillon from scratch. However, I would still like to use Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cubes at times. Provided I can find some with only healthy ingredients

Thanks in advance

-Angel

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment